You can get help from the Research Computing team by sending an email, submitting a ticket on ServiceNow, or making an appointment to meet with one of our staff members through our Bookings page.
You can email the Research Computing team at email@example.com. This will automatically generate a ticket for you in ServiceNow. Make sure to include details about your question or issue, including any commands or scripts that you are trying to use, so that we can best connect you with the right person to help you.
Submit a ticket¶
You can submit a ticket on ServiceNow by selecting from the Research Computing ServiceNow catalog. You might need to sign in with your Northeastern username and password to view the ServiceNow catalog page.
You can also use the short URLs below to go directly to a ticket with the service that you need:
- Get Assistance with Research Computing https://bit.ly/NURC-Assistance
- Research Computing Access Request https://bit.ly/NURC-AccessRequest
- Discovery Cluster Software Request https://bit.ly/NURC-Software
- Research Computing Documentation Request https://bit.ly/NURC-Documentation
- Discovery Cluster Partition Access https://bit.ly/NURC-PartitionAccess
- New Storage Space request https://bit.ly/NURC-NewStorage
- Storage Space Extension Request https://bit.ly/NURC-StorageExtension
- Data Transfer Consultation https://bit.ly/NURC-DataTransfer
- Discovery Classroom Use Request - https://bit.ly/NURC-Classroom
- Unsubscribe from Mailing list - Discovery https://bit.ly/NURC-Unsubscribe
We encourage you to schedule a consultation with one of our staff members to get personal, one-on-one assistance for your research computing and data storage needs. Consultations are available to any Northeastern student, faculty, or staff member. We can assist you with getting up and running with Discovery, help to optimize your code, help you with benchmarking, provide assistance with installing and using software packages, detailing data storage options, and much more.
We offer scheduled consultation hours most weekdays during normal business hours (9AM to 5PM). Note that we follow the Northeastern University holiday schedule, so there are no consultation hours on holidays or during breaks. All of our consultations are conducted as online meetings through the Teams app.
Use our Bookings page to see our availability and to schedule an appointment https://rc.northeastern.edu/support/consulting/. You will need to sign in using your /@/northeastern.edu email (for example, a.student/@/northeastern.edu).